Saturday, October 31, 2009
SMILES-Simplified Molecular Input Line Entry Specification.
-is a specification for unambiguously describing the structure of
chemical molecules using short ASCII strings.
We did SMILES practice using ChemSketch to get SMILES notations.
This practice was very difficult because we should draw complicated chemical structures.
Some of the results are:
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Commonly used software
-PDB Validatuon Suite
Images of Trypsin..
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
As usual,our madam gives us a task which we must completed it during the class hour..
The tasks is:
-Drawing simple structures
-Drawing more complex structure
-Creating graphical object.
1.drawing the energy of reaction diagram.
2.drawing differents kind of orbitals
3.drawing vacuum distillation apparatus
4.drawing a two-chain DNA strands
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
The students will also be introduced to the uses of web pages to present and communicate scientific data,building and visualizing bio-molecules
proper tags,molecular structure storage formats,database and retrieving structures from internet..
Today i learn about spreadsheets..
Before spreadsheets emerged,solving equations in science applications/problems involved learning complicated mathematical procedures.
So,it spend a lot of time trying to understand the procedure but not solving the problem.it waste of our time.Spreadsheets helps to spend up solving the problem.
Example of spreadsheets are MS Excel,LOtus 1-2-3,SPSS Quattro Pro,etc..
Our lecturer give us tutorial about Microsoft Excel..At the beginning,it was very diificult to do the tutorial because we do not understand aboaut the question.
So,we ask our beloved lecturer..she explain step by step how to do it..It make us easy to understand what to do during the claas..thanks madam..
Example of the question:
Beer's Law states that there is a linear relationship between concentration of a colored compound in solution and the light absorption of the solution.
This fact can be used to calculate the concentration of unknown solutions, given their absorption readings. First, a series of solutions of known concentration are tested for their absorption level.
Next, a scatter plot is made of this empirical data and a linear regression line is fitted to the data. This regression line can be expressed as a formula and used to calculate the concentration of unknown solutions.
Part 1 - Beer's Law Scatter Plot and Linear Regression
Entering and Formatting the Data in Excel
Open Excel. On Unity/Eos computers, the program will be located on the Application Launcher. On other computers, it will probably be located under the Start Menu.
Your data will go in the first two columns in the spreadsheet.
• Title the spreadsheet page in cell A1
• Label Column A as the concentration of the known solutions in cell A3.
• Label Column B as the absorption readings for each of the solutions in cell B3.
Begin by formatting the spreadsheet cells so the appropriate number of decimal :
• Click and drag over the range of cells that will hold the concentration data (A5 through A10 for the sample data)
• Choose Format > Cells... (this is shorthand for choosing Cells... from the Format menu at the top of the Excel window)
• Click on the Number tab
• Under Category choose Number and set Decimal places to 5
• Click OK
• Repeat for the absorbance data column (B5 through B10 for the sample data), setting the decimal places to 4
• Enter your data below the column titles
• You can also place the absorption readings for the unknown solutions below the other data.
We do step by step follow the questions until get the best answer..
Stdying Excel help us carry out lengthy calculations easily with its built-in features:
1-Display data graphically
2-Analyze data statistically
3-Fits algebraic equations through data sets
4-Solve single and simultaneous algebraic equations
5-Import,export,store,process,and sort data.
Very interesting study MS Excel..Enjoy it..
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I got an opportunity to study in International Islamic University Malaysia..
Now,i want to share to all of you about IIUM..
IIUM was first conceived in 1982 by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad during a special meeting between OIC leaders to establish an international institution for tertiary education based on Islamic principles (the Islamization of Knowledge). It was officially opened on 10 May 1983 at Petaling Jaya, with the Allahyarham Tun Hussein Onn elected as the first president.
IIUM is a private university and operates under the direction of a Board of Governors with representatives of the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) as well as eight sponsoring governments. Nevertheless, the Constitutional Head, President and Rector of this international university are all Malaysians. The current Constitutional Head is the Sultan of Pahang, Sultan Hj Ahmad Shah al-Musta'in Billah. (The central mosque is named in his honour.)
Mission and Vision
Towards actualising the University's vision, IIUM endeavours :
- To undertake the special and greatly needed task of reforming the contemporary Muslim mentality and integrating Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences in a positive manner.
- To produce better quality intellectuals, professionals and scholars by integrating the qualities of faith ( iman ), knowledge ( `ilm ), and good character ( akhlaq ) to serve as agents of comprehensive and balanced progress as well as sustainable development in Malaysia and in the Muslim world.
- To foster the Islamization of the ethics of Muslim academic and administrative staff of IIUM, and certain aspects of human knowledge - particularly in the social sciences and humanities - with the view to making them more useful and more relevant to the Muslim Ummah.
- To nurture the quality of holistic excellence which is imbued with Islamic moral-spiritual values, in the process of learning, teaching, research, consultancy, publication, administration and student life.
- To exemplify an international community of dedicated intellectuals, scholars, professionals, officers and workers who are motivated by the Islamic world-view and code of ethics as an integral part of their work culture.
- To enhance intercultural understanding and foster civilization dialogues in Malaysia as well as across communities and nations.
- To develop an environment which instils commitment for life-long learning and a deep sense of social responsibility among staff and students.
The summary of the Mission should read as follows:
- Internationalization; and
- Comprehensive Excellence
"INSPIRED BY THE WORLD-VIEW OF TAWHID AND THE ISLAMIC PHILOSOPHY OF THE UNITY OF KNOWLEDGE AS WELL AS ITS CONCEPT OF HOLISTIC EDUCATION"
IIUM aims at becoming a leading international centre of educational excellence which:
- Revitalizes the intellectual dynamism of Islam and the Muslim Ummah;
- Integrates Islamic revealed knowledge and values in all academic disciplines and educational activities;
- Seeks to restore a leading and progressive role of the Muslim Ummah in all branches of knowledge; thereby,
- Contributing to the improvement and upgrading of the qualities of human life and civilization.
The summary of the Vision statement is:
"Inspired by the worldview of Tawhid ad the Islamic philosophy of the unity of knowledge as well as its concept of holistic education, the University aims at becoming a leading international centre of educational excellence which seeks to restore the dynamic and progressive role of the Muslim Ummah in all branches of knowledge for the benefit of all mankind.